Strengthening the emotional bond through closeness, sex and
In the exercise, couples can share their wishes and experiences about closeness, sex and touch with each other.
- What is the best part of sex with your partner? What is most important to you in making love? Please take turns sharing these things with each other. If you find it difficult to talk about sex or a particular topic in this context, you don’t have to. Instead, tell your partner about your difficulty with talking about it. With your partner’s support, try to explore what worries you about the idea of talking about sex in your relationship.
- When do you feel most insecure or uncomfortable having sex with your partner these days? Please share this with your partner.
- If you had to write “A Short Guide for __________’s (your name) Lover”, what would be the two most important pieces of advice you would give your lover? Please share this with your partner.
- There’s no such thing as a “perfect” lover. With this in mind, what kind of a lover would you like to be? How would you like to see yourself as a lover? Please share this with your partner.
- How can you both come to terms with the inevitable fact that there will be times when you want sexual intimacy, but your partner isn’t in the mood or is “too tired” or doesn’t feel the sexual drive? What do you want to say? This is a very sensitive situation for most people. Many people teeter on the edge of rejection and being hurtful. What needs to happen in this very delicate situation to make you feel loved and to make you feel you have a safe bond with your partner?
Topics: Couple relationships , Relationships
Was this helpful for you?
You may be insterested also in these
Keeping your love alive
The purpose of this exercise is to think about how to keep your love alive in your everyday lives.
Dealing with injuries that have occurred in your relationship
The purpose of this exercise is to process past events that continue to weigh on each partner’s mind.
Sharing your fears and needs with your partner
The purpose of this exercise is to recognize and to share with your partner the fears that are activated during rocky moments in your relationship....